Social Icons

页面

2013年9月12日星期四

How You Can Make Several Hundred Grand A Year Helping Cancer Survivors


I rushed back to operate as quickly as my remedy was completed. Anything was the identical, but I was diverse. My colleagues got all fired up in regards to the minutiae of marketing supplies, and I'd think: "Wow, that utilized to become me." I felt I could make a larger contribution, but I wasn't sure how.

People typically asked me to speak to their members of the family or good friends who had cancer. One of the first inquiries folks asked was: "What about my hair?" I had worried about that, also, and wondered if that created me shallow and vain. But when you happen to be healthy, hair is just hair. When you are ill, it really is a thing else completely. It's the moment you take an incredibly private struggle public.

I cautioned persons about wig buying by sharing my own experiences, which have been terrible. Salespeople rushed, attempted to push me around, and did not want me to bring a pal for advice. I started my corporation so other folks would not must undergo that.

I immersed myself inside the wig business. I met with wholesalers, retailers, and stylists in Brooklyn's wig district and spoke to girls who wore remy wigs. I hired 4 part-time stylists, every of whom had a connection to a person with cancer. They bring wig samples into people's residences and style them because the client likes. My costs -- anywhere from $50 to $5,000 to get a wig, depending on the hair -- are comparable to those in wig shops due to the fact I've no overhead.
My 3 oncologists placed my brochures in their offices on Dec. 17, 2003. I got my initially client on the 23rd. I had helped 100 clients by the time my small business became full-time in October, 2004. Now, I'm establishing agreements with other girls to expand into a handful of states.

This is just not the type of small business that individuals scribble down the name of in case they ever require it. You will not know about the business till you will need it. I rely on word of mouth from doctors and service providers. I knew I'd arrived this November, when my business produced it onto Oxford Wellness Plan's preferred providers list.

Soon I started getting calls that have been way out of my geographic area -- ladies in Pennsylvania, Massachusetts, and West Virginia -- which led to a new service named Appear Just Like You. Ladies send us pre-chemotherapy images with their hair styled as they like it, and we recreate that style and colour in front lace wigs.

Part of my philosophy is that any franchise has to offer back to the medical community. All our business expenditures are charged to credit cards that give 2% of case back to St. Jude's Hospital for Cancer Study. I also intend that one particular day we'll have the ability to contribute to cancer-research trials.

My small business is all about service. I will not take on a franchisee who can't treat customers with the same amount of compassion and care that we give them in our existing territories. That's a good deal of function on our end -- interviewing prospective franchisees and their character references and work references extensively. We have to produce certain they are excited in regards to the effect they are able to have on other folks, not just concerning the enterprise.

Quite frankly, far and away the largest is escalating awareness, letting many people know this type of service even exists. I quite often say that a client is not going to know about us until they have to. You do not file away the name of Girl on the Go in order that you'll have it one particular day in case you need it.

A large amount of our clientele unearth us around the World wide web and some unearth us on the American Cancer Website -- the New York City chapter lists us. When people identify out about us, they say they feel so lucky to possess discovered out. I wish I had the funds to do marketing that would decrease the part luck plays in finding us.

没有评论:

发表评论